1.0 Job Description
EAP Management Unit
EAP Team Leader / Operational Director
Continuing (after 3 Months’ Probation)
2.0 Details Specific to the Post
Background and Context
3.0 Specific Duties and Responsibilities of the post
• Supporting employees of businesses who have contracts with us to provide psycho-social support, mostly by telephone. This will be done through support calls, therapeutic assessments and delivery of contracted therapy sessions.
• Work with individuals to determine the best therapeutic support and help navigate them to the right type of intervention. You will have the opportunity to work with a vast array of mild, moderate and severe clinical presentations; from stress, anxiety, depression through to attachment difficulties, substance abuse, trauma and personality disorders.
• Deliver managerial consultancy, providing guidance to managers who are experiencing distress around their role.
• You will be working within a friendly multi-disciplinary team with access to psychologists for clinical support and guidance.
• Adhere to the ethical, therapeutic and legal standards, which govern service delivery, as well as policies, procedures and laws, which apply to the organization and country, as appropriate.
• Appropriately refer clients to external resources as part of our holistic approach.
• Maintain clear clinical and task-oriented documentation in case management system.
• Possess genuine listening skills and can provide short-term clinical interventions such as CBT, Motivational Interviewing and solution-focused techniques.
• Ability to work with clients presenting with substance abuse, situations of crisis, mental health symptoms and/or family/relationship-related concerns impacting personal or work performance.
• Develop clear and concise interventional plans for clients with various session models.
• Assess clients thoroughly to ensure short-term counselling appropriate.
• Follow-through with additional tasks as identified by the EAP management team.
• Culturally sensitive to our clients and flexible using a telephonic interpreter as needed.
• Competent in using our various methods of contact – telephone, video, email, text and live chat.
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this role and therefore, this employee will be required to follow any other functional-related instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
• Keep accurate electronic records of activity and other performance indicators.
• Reacting positively and appropriately to emergency situations.
• Undertake any other reasonable duty, which is appropriate to the organization when requested by Senior Staff.
• Able to work rotational shifts potentially including, but not limited to 8-4:30, 12:30pm – 9pm, 2:30pm – 11pm, 24/7. Part-time Shifts are also available.
4.0 Qualifications & Experience
• Professional association membership, registration, or accreditation preferred
• Minimum 2 years direct client-contact providing counsellingservices.
• Experience undertaking assessments and/or using Psycho-social assessment tools.
• Training in mindfulness or solution-focused counselling an asset.
• Fluency in the local Ghanaian languages is essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Excellent organizational, time management, analytical and investigative skills.
• Ability to work independently, proactively.
• Ability to acquire high level of efficiency in internal case management system.
• Comfortable in a fast paced work environment, ability to multi task while maintaining a high level of quality and productivity