Supreme Healthcare Management Service is seeking qualified Employee Assistance Executives to join our team in Accra.
JOB DETAILSJob title: Employee Assistance Executives
Location: Roman Ridge, Airport Residential Area-Accra
Accountable to: EAP Team Leader / Operations Director
Supreme Healthcare Management Services is a leading Global expert in providing Psycho-social support and a wide range of therapeutic interventions to corporate clients in order to support the health and wellbeing of their employees. Our work environment is dynamic, we depend on the professionalism, creativity, and innovation of our Staff to deliver excellent EAP service within a corporate industry.
SHMS Employee Assistance Program EAP Services is available to our clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The service provides advice, support, and counseling to employees about any personal or work concerns. Our service is generally available regardless of location and the help-line is accessible nationally to subscribed clients.
We are currently looking for experienced Employee Assistance Executives to join our Team at a particularly exciting time in our corporate journey. A high level of business and corporate understanding is essential to work in this fast-paced, priority changing environment. The successful candidate will be engaging, pragmatic, have a good sense of self and a strong team player.
- The successful candidate will be providing specialist Employee Assistance consultancy telephonic assessment on a daily basis using therapeutic interventions and consultancy skills.
- The successful candidate should possess an excellent background in providing a range of consultancy support to managers and HR professionals at all levels. You will also clinically liaise with third-party providers.
CORE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide telephonic counseling, in-the-moment support, and crisis telephonic management in a supportive, ethical and professional manner while maintaining client confidentiality.
- Supporting employees of businesses who have contracts with us to provide psycho-social support, mostly by telephone. This will be done through support calls, therapeutic assessments, and delivery of contracted therapy sessions.
- Work with individuals to determine the best therapeutic support and help navigate them to the right type of intervention. You will have the opportunity to work with a vast array of mild, moderate and severe clinical presentations; from stress, anxiety, depression through to attachment difficulties, substance abuse, trauma and personality disorders.
- Deliver managerial consultancy, providing guidance to managers who are experiencing distress around their role.
- You will be working within a friendly multi-disciplinary team with access to psychologists for clinical support and guidance.
- Adhere to the ethical, therapeutic and legal standards, which govern service delivery, as well as policies, procedures, and laws, which apply to the organization and country, as appropriate.
- Appropriately refer clients to external resources as part of our holistic approach.
- Maintain clear clinical and task-oriented documentation in case management system.
- Possess genuine listening skills and can provide short-term clinical interventions such as CBT, Motivational Interviewing and solution-focused techniques.
- Ability to work with clients presenting with substance abuse, situations of crisis, mental health symptoms and/or family/relationship-related concerns impacting personal or work performance.
- Develop clear and concise interventional plans for clients with various session models.
- Assess clients thoroughly to ensure short-term counseling appropriate.
- Follow-through with additional tasks as identified by the EAP management team.
- Culturally sensitive to our clients and flexible using a telephonic interpreter as needed.
- Competent in using our various methods of contact – telephone, video, email, text and live chat.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this role and therefore, this employee will be required to follow any other functional-related instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
- Keep accurate electronic records of activity and other performance indicators.
- Reacting positively and appropriately to emergency situations.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty, which is appropriate to the organization when requested by Senior Staff.
- Able to work rotational shifts potentially including, but not limited to 8-4:30, 12:30pm – 9pm, 2:30pm – 11pm, 24/7. Part-time Shifts are also available.
- Bachelors Degree in Social work/ Psychology. Master’s Degree will be desirable
- Professional association membership, registration, or accreditation preferred
- Minimum 2 years direct client-contact providing counselling services.
- Experience undertaking assessments and/or using Psycho-social assessment tools.
- Training in mindfulness or solution-focused counseling an asset.
- Fluency in the local Ghanaian languages is essential
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, with a focus on telephonic customer experience
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical and investigative skills
- Ability to work independently, proactively
- Ability to acquire a high level of efficiency in internal case management system
- Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment, ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of quality and productivity